Discord is widely recognized as the best text, voice, and video chat network for gamers, developers, and influencers. Do you, on the other hand, know how to screen share on Discord? Screen-sharing on Discord makes it simple to share visual information with coworkers, stream let’s-plays, and communicate with other players.
You may also use it on Discord to exchange audio and video. Continue reading to learn how to screen share on Discord and how to broadcast with audio on Discord.
How To Use Screen Share On Discord?
Let’s see how to enable screen share on Discord server. Connect to a server’s voice channel first to use Discord screen sharing. You may then choose to participate in a video call or share your screen. (If you choose a video, you may also show your screen during the video call by clicking the screen button.) Discord will then prompt you to choose which app or screen you want to “go live” with.
Check that your voice settings are set to the microphone you’re using for audio screen sharing. Silence yourself by pressing the microphone button in the voice conversation if you want to screen sharing without audio.
During screen sharing, you may continue to communicate using text channels. Up to 25 individuals can join your Discord channel. To return to showing webcam video while sharing your screen, simply click the video button.
How To Share Screen On Discord Server?
Users could previously only see their screen in private calls, but owing to Discord’s Go Live capability, this is no longer the case. When you go live, you are essentially broadcasting your screen to everyone on the same speaking channel as you.
Users who want to view your screen must join the voice channel, which means you’ll see everyone who’s tuned in to your show.
- Launch Discord and join a voice channel on a server.
- The Screen button is situated on the voice status panel, which is in the bottom left corner of Discord’s window. This is also where you may turn off your microphone and headphones.
- When you click on Screen, a new window will emerge, asking you if you want to share your full screen or only one of the running applications.
- When you select an application, viewers will see it even if you close the window.
- Once you’ve decided on your stream quality and window size, click the Share option at the bottom of the window. The screen sharing operation will begin immediately after you hit the Share icon, and you will hear a sound effect to confirm it.
If you wish to watch someone else’s screen when they are live-streaming or sharing their screen, you must first join that channel. Then, after clicking on their username, their live stream will appear in a small form to the right. You may view their live broadcast in full-screen mode if you click on their live broadcast link.
How To Screen Share On Discord With Sound?
While most Discord users spend their time on servers with hundreds of other people, you can also start private audio conversations with your friends. Because these calls are by invitation only, one of you will need to invite everyone who desires to participate.
- They must accept your call before you can share your screen.
- When you’re both on the phone, check for the screen icon with an arrow on it.
- Once you’ve got everything in place, click the Go Live button to start sharing your screen. You and everyone else in the chat will hear an audio cue indicating that you’re sharing your screen.
- The same icon that you used to begin sharing your screen will allow you to stop broadcasting as well.
We hope you know how to share your screen on Discord mobile through this section.
Read Here: Complete Guide On How To Screenshot On Mac
How To Screen Share On Discord Mobile?
You may share your screen on both Windows and Mac computers using the methods mentioned above. You won’t even need to download Discord to start live broadcasting your screen because its web version has the same functionality. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Discord software and start a conversation with at least one other person.
- Once you’re both on the phone, search for the Screen Share icon, which looks like a phone and is situated near to the video call and mute buttons.
- Click the Screen Share button.
- To continue, most Android phones will need you to press OK or I Accept, but iOS users will get a second Start Broadcasting option. The method is the same if you wish to share your screen on a voice server.
- First, you must connect to a voice channel on a server.
- A panel will appear at the bottom of your screen immediately after you join a voice channel.
- Click the Screen Share button, which resembles a phone with a right-pointing arrow.
- After accepting the additional system warning, you will begin sharing your screen with everyone in the voice channel.
This is how to share audio on Discord screen share.
How To View Live Stream On Discord?
You can join a live broadcast if you are a member of the same server as someone else and want to view their Discord screen sharing. To do so, go to the voice chat that they are in and click on their name. The Go-Live sign will display next to their name if they are currently screen sharing.
While viewing the live broadcast, you may communicate with the streamer and everyone else on the voice channel. You may even join another person’s live broadcast while simultaneously sharing your own. Users of the Discord software may switch between different Discord presentations.
Though you cannot view your live broadcast and someone else’s at the same time, you may quickly switch between the two, allowing users to collaborate on projects from afar. This allows you to screen share audio on Discord even if you missed the live stream.
Discord Video Chat Not Working
The option to go live while playing a video game is another incredibly helpful function provided by Discord. The application was almost entirely built to allow anyone who likes playing video games to share and discuss their experiences with others. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to live-stream your gameplay while playing a game!
Discord has a function that allows players to stream their gameplay to friends or strangers who might be interested in watching. This feature is useful but not as valuable as you may think. This is because there will be some issues with it at times.
These issues prevent it from working, thus they must be rectified as soon as possible. If you are one of the many people who are experiencing difficulty getting Discord’s Go Live function to work, here are a few things you may do to resolve the issue of Discord “Go Live” not appearing:
1. Turn on Permissions
It is strongly recommended that you check the Discord settings before you begin debugging and working hard to discover the cause of the problem. In a few cases, the Go Live feature is not enabled for accounts. Because the feature must initially be expressly engaged, this is true for the great majority of accounts.
If you’re having trouble with Discord screen share audio not functioning, you can try allowing it to fix the problem. You will not be able to obtain it if you attempt to use it while it is disabled. Go to the Server Settings and enable the Go Live feature to activate the function and make it operational if it is presently disabled on your device.
The only problem is that you won’t be able to do so unless you own a server because only the server owner chooses who may broadcast on it.
2. Refresh Discord Version
When you try to use non-updated Discord features, many of them fail to function properly or at all. This is a common problem with any application that uses network functions and must be updated. The solution is simple: visit the official website and download the most recent Discord version available.
Another method for addressing this issue is to uninstall and reinstall the entire application. These are great techniques for reactivating the Discord Go Live feature.
3. Upgrade Your Computer
It’s very possible that Go Live isn’t running on your computer because it can’t. To be more specific, your PC may simply be incapable of employing the feature. Live streaming exerts a tremendous strain on computers, and those that are too weak will be unable to use it well, if at all.
Check to see if your PC is capable of executing the function by completing some internet research based on your PC’s specifications. If your PC’s insufficiency is the reason for the Discord Go Live feature’s failure, you’ll need to make some modifications if you want to live stream your gameplay.
Discord Screen Sharing Not Working
A useful feature of Discord is the option to show your screen with others, enabling them to see the games you’re playing or the software you’re using. Many users, particularly those using Windows, claim that Discord screen sharing does not work. This is due to the screen share window periodically displaying a blank screen rather than the game.
Don’t be concerned if you’re one of these users. This section includes a step-by-step guide to resolving the Discord sharing screen problem:
1. Disable Full-Screen Mode
Discord currently does not support full-screen application sharing. Only screens that open in a new window can be shared by users. As a consequence, double-check that the game you’re playing is in full-screen mode. If this is the case, go to windowed mode and re-share your screen on Discord.
2. Close Background Applications
Running an advanced game through the Discord client while other applications are running in the background might produce speed issues, one of which being the Discord screen sharing not working. Here’s how to fix that for a great Discord sharing screen:
- From the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ menu, select ‘Task Manager.’
- Terminate any non-essential third-party apps and background operations in Task Manager. Relaunch the Discord screen sharing application. Examine Discord to check if you’ve added the game.
- You will not be able to share games if you have not added them to your Discord account. As a result, many users realize that linking is beneficial.
- The game’s connection to Discord resolves the issue of the Discord share screen not working.
Follow these procedures to add a game to Discord:
- Keep using the Discord client and the game.
- Click the gear icon in Discord (Settings).
- Select ‘Game Activity from the left sidebar.
- Select the game you’re now playing and press the ‘Add Game’ button.
That’s it; restart screen sharing to check everything is working properly. It’s worth noting that Discord will automatically search for and display the game name. However, you may manually add it by clicking on ‘Add it!’ > Enter the game’s name and then click ‘Add Game.’
Select ‘Overlay’ from the left sidebar of Settings. Turn on the ‘Enable in-game overlay’ option. In-game, you may modify the size of your avatar, show names, display users, and notification location.
3. Remove Discord Cache Folder From Your PC
If you use a lot of apps, you’ve undoubtedly come into a caching problem before. A similar caching issue is commonly blamed for the failure of Discord’s screen sharing. As a consequence, you can attempt to delete the Discord cache folder. Here’s how to do it:
- Exit the Discord application.
- Right-click on the ‘Start button and select ‘Run.’ You may also use the keyboard keys ‘Windows key + R’ or ‘Windows key + S’ > Type in ‘Run.’
- Enter ‘% appdata%’ in the ‘Open’ field and hit the ‘OK button.
4. Log in as an administrator to Discord
Although this appears to be a straightforward solution, many users forget to provide the Discord client administrator access on their PC. As a consequence, make sure that both Discord and the game are operating as administrators. Here’s how to do a good Discord sharing screen:
Navigate to the Discord.exe file’s folder, or wherever you saved the shortcut (most likely on the desktop). You may also use the keyboard to search for ‘Discord’ in the start menu by pressing ‘Windows key + S’.
- Right-click the Discord application and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Similarly, right-click on the.exe file for your game and select ‘Run as administrator.’
- This can occasionally resolve the Discord screen-sharing black screen issue.